Autism CRC is the world's first national cooperative research centre focused on autism. We take a whole-of-life approach to autism focusing on diagnosis, education and adult life.
Autism CRC is currently seeking an exceptional candidate to undertake the role of Senior Project Officer - Communication in the Marketing and Communication Team for a period of 9 months. This role is part time at 22.5 hours per week, with flexibility around how these hours are undertaken (e.g. three full time days per week versus five shorter days).
This position will project manage the development and promotion of resources (video, web content and other digital collateral) for clinicians, allied health professionals and the autism community to support the ongoing implementation of the National Guideline for Assessment and Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorders in Australia, which was released in late 2018.
- End-to-end project management including further defining project deliverables, developing timelines, coordinating resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting and supporting project-related activities to ensure the project's strategic objectives are achieved
- Drive and manage the creation of video resources and other digital collateral (for example, interactive PDFs, web pages and so on), working closely with all stakeholders (including clinicians, video production contractors, graphic design contractors, autistic community members, Autism CRC team and other stakeholders)
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts and other stakeholders to define, draft and refine the content for all written resources as well as scripts and storyboards for video resources
- Ensure all resources are developed in line with Autism CRC language, style and branding requirements
- Oversee web development required to house the resources within the Autism CRC website
- Develop and implement effective multi-channel communication strategies so all target audiences hear about, and make use of, the resources developed.
Occasional travel to Perth (2-3 times over the course of the contract) will most likely be required.
To excel in this position, you will need substantial experience managing and delivering end-to-end communication projects and resources, preferably in the health/clinical sector. You will have demonstrated success in working with video production companies and collaborating with multiple stakeholders, including subject matter experts, to ensure fit-for-purpose video and other online resources are delivered.
Your excellent writing, editing, project management and stakeholder engagement skills will be great assets for this role. Experience in the autism community, as a person with the lived experience or someone who has worked with this community, is desirable but not required.
What we offer…
This position offers a true opportunity to make your mark through the delivery of high quality resources as well as the flexibility to determine the working hours that best suit you and the team (some travel will be required, so flexibility of hours will be needed for these periods).
You will work in a high-performing and friendly team which plays a valuable role in a passionate and caring organisation. A competitive salary will be offered and you can also increase your take home salary through our generous salary packaging benefits.
Before you apply, please view the position description for more information
To apply, please email a 1-2 page cover letter as well as your resume (no more than 5 pages) to email@example.com.
Please contact Cally Jackson, Autism CRC Marketing and Communication Manager, on 07 3377 0609 if you have any questions about the role.
Applications close COB Wednesday 26 February 2020.