Try the manual for employing autistic adults and help us make it better!
We have designed a guide, the Integrated Employment Success Tool™ for Adults on the Autism Spectrum (IEST) to help employers, managers, supervisors and mentors of autistic adults to create an inclusive workplace.
After testing it Australia-wide with individuals working with autistic colleagues, the results showed that it helped to boost their confidence and communication skills.
Help us make the IEST better
We are now reviewing the manual before its final design, and would like to invite you to use it and provide us with your feedback. This will help us make it better.
Who can participate
All employers of autistic people (whether employed through a designated autism employment program or not), HR professionals and autism employment program executives in any industry.
What you will find in the IEST
- Recommendations for every stage of the employment process from job recruitment to the interview, work modification and ongoing support.
- Strategies for success, including how to create an awareness of autism in the workplace, how to identify the strengths of autistic employees and how to overcome potential challenges.
- Checklists covering things to consider, including modifications to make and providing support to autistic employees.
- Sample forms to ease the planning process. Included are a Support Plan, a Goal Planner, a Priority Planner and a Supervisor Workplace Handover form.
What we will ask you to do
We will ask you to:
- consent to use the IEST in your organisation only.
- consent to provide us with feedback on how the IEST can be improved and what would make it easier for you to use it.
This project (ethics approval number HRE2017-0789) is being conducted by Rhonda Chapman (PhD student), under the direct supervision of Dr Marita Falkmer, Dr Graham Ferguson, Dr David McMeekin and Dr Melissa Scott and with the support of Tanya Picen.
Express your interest
To participate by using the IEST in your workplace, please contact Tanya Picen at email@example.com