What is the program about?
The Governance Program is Australia’s first training program in corporate governance for autistic adults, enabling leadership in decision-making and capturing the strength of diverse thinking to make a broader contribution to the corporate and government sectors.
The Governance Program was created and launched in 2019, with our pilot Program running from late 2019 to early 2020. The Governance Program is co-designed and delivered with autistic adults, with 4 out of our 7 Project Team members identifying as autistic.
Participants in the Governance Program develop practical knowledge and experience in corporate governance through a series of training and development initiatives including:
- completing online training modules
- attending a 3.5-day/3-night residential workshop
- undertaking observations of 1 or 2 Board meetings
- attending up to 3 online debrief sessions after Board observations
The objectives of the program are to:
- increase the engagement of autistic adults in organisational decision-making
- establish a national network of autistic people with governance skills, enabling them to share experiences and opportunities
- provide participants with practical knowledge and experience and develop skills
- improve participants' understanding of governance structures and different organisational models.
Should you have any questions about the Governance Program, please contact our Project Officer.
Project Officer, Governance Program
Sylvia Rodger Academy
07 3377 0613
0428 944 540
(Please note that Ashton is part-time but will respond to your query as soon as possible.)