Researchers at the University of New South Wales and Autism CRC are seeking volunteer research participants for the Australian Longitudinal Study of Adults with Autism (ALSAA) to learn about life in adulthood for people with Autism/Asperger’s syndrome. We are looking for adults who are 25 years or older, who have a diagnosis of Autism spectrum disorder/Asperger’s syndrome, and/or their main carers to take part in a questionnaire study. We are also seeking adults without autism to take part as a comparison group. The questions will be about many aspects of life including mental and physical health, employment and other day occupations, behaviour, emotions, coping, memory, friendships and health service utilisation. The study aims to better understand the mental and physical health, employment and overall wellbeing of adults with autism. The results of this study will be used to inform services and guide policy development.
Would the research project be a good fit for me?
The study might be a good fit for you if:
- You are an adult not on the autism spectrum who wants to participate as a community member
- You are a carer or family member of an adult with Autism/Asperger's syndrome
What would happen if I took part in the research project?
If you decide to take part you would:
- Complete a questionnaire either online or via a paper copy. It might take 2 to 3 hours to finish, but you don't have to do it all at once.
- Complete a second questionnaire about two years later if you want to.
Will I be paid to take part in the research project?
There are no additional costs associated with participation in this research project, nor will you or the participant be paid. Involvement in the study is on a voluntary basis, it's your choice and you can withdraw at anytime.
This is an ongoing research study.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact:
Sam or Jane, 02 9385 0620, firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse the newsletter updates for more information:ALSAA Newsletter update - September 2017
- ALSAA Newsletter update - December 2017
- ALSAA Newsletter update - September 2017
- ALSAA Newsletter update – June 2017
- ALSAA Newsletter update – February 2017
- ALSAA Newsletter update – October 2016
- ALSAA Newsletter update – July 2016
- ALSAA Newsletter update – May 2016
- ALSAA Newsletter update – March 2016
- ALSAA Newsletter update – October 2015