Evaluating the effects of humanoid robots on the story telling skills of children on the autism spectrum
This project aims to evaluate the effects of humanoid robot-assisted interventions on the story retelling skills of school-age children on the autism spectrum. It will do this by:
- identifying effective strategies that strengthen story retelling for children on the spectrum
- creating story retelling scripts (verbal and non-verbal) for use by humanoid robots with children on the spectrum, facilitated by their support teachers
- assessing changes in the narrative perspective taking ability of the children following the interventions
- ascertaining if children's story retelling skills are transferred to their classroom activities
- developing evidence-based guidelines for teachers on the use of humanoid robots to foster narrative perspective taking.
- Sofia Mavropoulou, Queensland University of Technology