My Quality of Life: A Photovoice Gallery premiered at 12pm (AEST) Friday 6 November 2020 with a showing of the gallery and a live Q&A with the team involved.
- 0:00 Premiere of the Gallery
- 24:49 Live Q&A with researchers and contributors
- 56:20 Closing remarks from Andrew Davis, Autism CRC CEO
The gallery is a unique research output which offers an insight into what affects quality of life for autistic adults, told from their own perspective, through photography and spoken word. The gallery is the result of an Autism CRC research project led by Curtin University. As part of the project, the research team asked autistic adults to take photographs to represent their quality of life. A selection of 47 photographs was developed into an online gallery, with accompanying audio explanations.
The live Q&A features:
- Rebecca Kuzminski, Autism CRC PhD candidate and Photovoice Gallery creator
- Dr Wenn Lawson, project co-supervisor
- Simon Phillips, autistic co-producer and photographer
- Yenn Purkis, Photovoice Gallery content contributor
- Matthew Thompson, Photovoice Gallery content contributor
- Facilitated by Andrew Davis, Autism CRC Chief Executive Officer.