Finding a place in the workplace and in the community
The two different but clearly interlinked sub-projects within this project were:
- Effective vocational decision making tool development
- Integrated employment success tool development
Researchers aimed to achieve the following project objectives:
- To identify individual strengths and vocational abilities to assist autistic adolescents and adults in vocational decision making, culminating in an educational vocational assessment protocol
- To identify key factors required for successful supported and open employment in order to develop an Integrated Employment Success Tool (IEST) that facilitates successful employment outcomes in existing, and yet to be established, jobs
Outcomes from this initial research led to the development and release of The Integrated Employment Success Tool (IEST): An evidence-based guide for employers of autistic adults, and investment in the utilisation project BOOST-A: from research to practice.
The Integrated Employment Success Tool (IEST)
The Integrated Employment Success Tool is an evidence-based guide for employers of autistic adults. The PDF manual is presented according to the phases of employment starting at advertising the job, through to the interview process, job commencement, workplace modification and how to maintain ongoing support. Each phase includes information on specific workplace requirements, tips and advice, questions to consider and much more, all designed to assist in developing, modifying and/or maintaining your inclusive workplace.
The Integrated Employment Success Tool is available by registering at our resource access page.
- Published 1 May 2019
- Published 16 May 2018
- Process evaluation of the BOOST-A transition planning program for adolescents on the autism spectrum: A strengths-based approachPublished 10 Oct 2017
- Effectiveness of the BOOST-An online transition planning program for adolescents on the autism spectrum: a quasi-randomized controlled trialPublished 10 Oct 2017
- Published 19 Jul 2017
- Published 27 Jun 2017
- Employers' perception of the costs and the benefits of hiring individuals with autism spectrum disorder in open employment in AustraliaPublished 18 May 2017
- “Leaps of faith”: parents' and professionals' viewpoints on preparing adolescents on the autism spectrum for leaving schoolPublished 17 Jan 2017
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of an online transition planning program for adolescents on the autism spectrum: Trial protocolPublished 18 Dec 2016
- Evaluation of career planning tools for use with individuals with autism spectrum disorder: A systematic reviewPublished 1 Mar 2016
- Published 13 Oct 2015
- Published 7 Oct 2015
- Torbjorn Falkmer, Curtin University